Custom Metal Contracting Ltd.
Due to continued growth and expansion, we are recruiting for an Estimator to join our growing team with our Panel/Cladding division. Ideally, this person is an energetic, forward-thinking individual with experience working within the construction industry specifically related to building envelope estimating for façade panels and cladding scopes.
Custom Metal Contracting Ltd. specializes in metal fabrication ,design, manufacture, and installation of architectural panel systems, siding, cladding, and architectural metal works for commercial, institutional, and high-rise projects. as well as a large focus on our Glazing department and operates two independent business units in Calgary, AB. Our 45,000 sq. ft. metal fabrication plant in South-East Calgary and 42,000 sq. ft. glazing plant in North-East Calgary, coupled with our experienced in-house engineering department and design team, enable us to customize solutions for any project scope.
We carry out high-profile projects throughout North America and have built a reputation as a “one-stop-shop” for jobs that need to be done right since 1980.
CMC Professional growth opportunities are available to those who will work hard and want to give their best!
This is a full-time on-site role for an Estimator located in Calgary, AB. The Estimator will be responsible for preparing detailed estimates by analyzing plans and specifications and performing site evaluations. Other day-to-day tasks may include reviewing drawings and material requirements, communicating with suppliers and clients, and managing project costs.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with the ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Experience in estimating is an asset, but training would be provided for individuals who are otherwise a great fit.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with an ability to collaborate with clients, suppliers, and project teams
- Knowledge of building envelope components and systems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Post secondary education geared toward the Architectural and / or construction industry
- Hands on field experience is and asset stakeholders
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive benefit plan available (no premiums)
- Paid vacation and flexible time-off
"*" indicates required fields