Due to continued growth and expansion, we are recruiting for an Estimator to join our growing team with our Panel/ Cladding division. Ideally, this person is an energetic- forward thinking individual with experience working within the construction industry specifically related to building envelope estimating for panels and cladding scopes.
Custom Metal Contracting Ltd is a leading trade contractor which designs, manufactures, and install CMC Panel systems, siding/deck & cladding, and Architectural metal works for commercial, institutional, and high-rise projects. Based in Calgary, Alberta with easy access to public transit and major highways this is a great opportunity to join a family-owned company that is growing rapidly. Professional Growth opportunities are available to those who will work hard and want it.
The Estimator will be responsible for the preparation of material and quantity take-offs and estimates from architectural drawings, as well as preparing product breakdowns for costing and all costs associated with tendered estimates.
- Working as part of a team and alongside the Estimating Manager you will produce high value tenders covering all aspects of architectural panels, cladding and metal roofing while managing the estimating department and actively seeking new clients.
- Review scope of work, specifications, and addendums for prospective projects to provide lump sum tender prices.
- Produce product take-offs by examining drawings from Architects, Engineers, and General Contractors to determine the proper product and quantities that would be required to correctly fulfill both the building code specifications and the customers budget requirements.
- Review and make changes to estimates as per post-tender addendums.
- Collaborate with all department peer groups, to ensure that regional best practices, high quality quotation documents and competitive pricing is provided consistently and in a professional manner.
- Obtain and track subcontract bids and negotiate budgets.
- Maintenance of job files, project digital database, attend project meeting’s, client meetings and senior management meetings when required.
- Attending pretender site meetings to prepare an accurate estimate.
- Construction estimating experience in the building envelope trades, especially cladding and panel scopes of work, is a significant asset.
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills with a strong attention to detail. Hands on experience with flow charts, spreadsheets, technical documentation (blueprints/specs) Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Organizational and time management skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with Microsoft office, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, and Estimating Software Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong/above average math skills
- College or post graduate degree preferably in civil Engineering, construction engineering technology or Architectural Technology, estimating certificate, education and related field or equipment work.
- Candidates with construction experience and a strong ability to interpret construction drawings and project specifications may be considered.
"*" indicates required fields